I have been wearing my hair in a neck length bob for the last 2 years. While I love the versatility and ease of the style I’ve decided to grow my locks making proper hair care of utmost importance. It is my philosophy that growing and maintaining healthy hair starts before you even shampoo with a combination of consuming a proper diet, getting the right amount of exercise, and using products that will keep your hair strong, moisturized and tangle free. In my latest YouTube video I show some of my favorite products for healthy hair.
- E’tae Caramel Deep Reconstructing Treatment |$20| This intensive protein treatment has easily made my holy grail list as it has singlehandedly cut down the amount of breakage that I’ve been experiencing. It is so good that it probably shouldn’t be used any more then every 3-4 weeks to keep your hair from becoming brittle.
- Kenra Clarifying Shampoo |$13| The Kenra Clarifying Shampoo will remove buildup without stripping your hair of its natural oils leaving hair thoroughly cleansed but still manageable.
- Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo |$10| This shampoo will remain in my stash as long as the folks over at Shea Moisture promise to NEVER change the formulation. The Raw Shea Butter Shampoo leaves my hair clean yet moisturized all for a fraction of the price of some more expensive and less effective shampoos.
- Trader Joe’s Nourish Spa Balanced Moisturizing Conditioner |$3| The Nourish Spa Conditioner is perfect for an IT Girl on the go. You can apply it and rinse after 5-10 minutes for soft ready to style hair. Did I mention that it’s only 3 bucks?!
- Marc Anthony Repairing Macadamia Oil Sulfate-Free Conditioner |$8| Where has this conditioner been all my life? The Marc Anthony Macadamia Oil Conditioner is reasonably priced and effective boasting tons of luscious ingredients like hydrolyzed keratin, grape seed oil, and pathenol. Since I’ve incorporated this into my regimen, my hair remains soft, silky and easy to detangle.
- Aphogee Keratin & Green Tea Restructurizer |$8| Aphogee is a brand that has been around for ages. Their protein rich products known for stopping breakage in its tracks are affordable and potent. I use the Keratin & Green Tea Restructurixer immediately after shampooing for added strength and shine.
- Giovanni Direct Leave-In Weightless Moisture Conditioner |$8| The Giovanni Direct Leave-In is one of those products that I kept hearing about but took forever to try. The creamy lightweight formula eases my detangling process regardless of how much new growth I have.
- Moroccan Oil Moroccanoil Hair Treatment |$46| The Moroccanoil hair treatment is my go to heat protectant. A dime sized amount applied either before or after blowdrying protects my strands from the vigors of weekly to bi-monthly heat styling,
- Bee Mine Bee Loved Hair & Scalp Moisturizer |$16| While is love the moisturizing qualities of the Bee Mine Hair & Scalp Moisturizer, I am still undecided on whether this will become a permanent fixture in my hair care routine. This product is heavily scented and almost a little overpowering. An unscented or lightly scented version, to me, would easily make this product perfect.
- Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Edge Control |$6| Who doesn’t like having their edges laid but with out some of the damaging effects of most hair gels? The ORS Olive Oil Edge Control keeps those baby hairs sleek and remoldable.
SHOP THIS POST!
What are your favorite hair products? Leave a comment and let’s discuss.