Believe it or not, I used to be very green in the world of makeup. Before I even discovered makeup brushes I too was a user of the oh so dreaded eyeshadow sponge. One of the most daunting tasks in this whole learning process was selecting makeup brushes to use on my face.
With so many makeup brushes out there, learning what to use and how to use it is a tedious task. Take a look at the 5 must have makeup brushes that I feel EVERY IT Girl, from beginner to pro, needs in her collection.
1. Eyeshadow Shading Brush: Perfect for packing both loose and solid eyeshadow colors onto the moveable lid.
- Splurge: MAC #239 Eye Shader Brush, MAC #214 Short Shader Brush, Dior Medium Eyeshadow Brush
- Save: e.l.f. Eyeshadow Brush, Real Techniques Shading Brush
2. Concealer Brush: Synthetic fiber flat concealer brushes are used to apply and blend liquid and cream concealers and other emollient products.
- Splurge: Chantecaille Concealer Brush, MAC #195 Concealer Brush
- Save: Boots No7 Concealer Brush, Cala Concealer Brush
3. Tapered Blending Brush: Blending brushes are essential in smudging out harsh lines on the eyelid using circular and/or windshield wiper motions.
- Splurge: Napoleon Perdis 10r Sculpting Brush, MAC #286 Duo Fibre Blending Brush
- Save: Cala Crease Brush, Pur Minerals Utility Brush
4. Slanted Blush/Contour Brush: Blush brushes come in all different sizes and shapes but I particularly love the slanted blush brush because it gets right into the hollows of the cheeks for contouring purposes, but is also perfect for applying blush.
- Splurge: Gorgeous Cosmetics 028 Blush/Contour Brush, MAC #168 Large Angled Contour Brush
- Save: SOHO Pro Contour Blush Brush, Bare Escentuals bareMinerals Angled Blush Brush
5. Fluffy Powder Brush: Powder brushes are created in the right density to brush powder products like translucent setting powder, bronzing powder onto the face and body.
- Splurge: Estée Lauder Powder Brush, MAC #150 Large Powder Brush
- Save: Real Techniques Powder Brush, e.l.f. Professional Total Face Brush